In order to earn academic credit for an internship, you must do the following:
- Print up and complete the Student Internship Application. Click Here to download the student internship application.
- Follow the directions listed on the first page of the Student Internship Application.
- Obtain the Internship Advisor’s approval and signature.
- Once the entire application is completed, turn the application into Moody 204 for processing.
- After the application is turned into the Internship Office in Moody Room 204, you will report only to the Internship Advisor and not the Internship Office.
How to Participate
- Step 1: Secure an internship position on your own, by visiting the semi-annual Moody Internship and Career Fair or through listings on the Business Internship Moodle page.
- Step 2: Fill out the Internship Program Application. Have it approved and signed by your departmental Internship Advisor and the prospective employer. The advisors are assigned by majors.
- Step 3: Return the completed and signed application to the Internship Coordinator in MX 204. This must be done within 4 days after the start of classes each Fall and Spring semester and within 2 days in summer semesters.
- Step 4: Visit with your Internship Advisor to obtain the syllabus and learn about the academic component of the internship.
- Step 5: Throughout the semester, meet with your Internship Advisor and complete the work and academic requirements for the course.
Important Notes About the Program
- You can earn a grade of A, B, C, D or F.
- You are not guaranteed a job after the internship is completed.
- This is NOT a community service volunteer experience; it is a job.
- It is your responsibility to find your own internship. The Business Internship Program will assist you by advertising positions for companies and suggesting ideas for you.
- In order to receive credit for the internship, YOU, the student, are required to make sure that all course work is complete and the employer submits your evaluation.