Our Hospitality Management program is accredited by ACPHA (Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration). It is the ONLY accredited four-year hospitality management program in Louisiana.
Student job placement within three months of graduating in full time employment:
- 2017-18 100% (full time employment) with 83% in hospitality industry
- 2018-19 95% (full time employment) with 85% in hospitality industry
Our curriculum focuses on travel and tourism, with an emphasis on successful management and promotion of all hospitality features: entertainment, conventions, attractions, lodging, food service, tourism and transportation. We provide a strong technical foundation alongside hands-on experiences in all aspects of hospitality management. Our Ragin’ Hospitality Association business student organization provides opportunities to network and get involved in the hospitality management industry.
- Applied Food Service Management Lab: Operation of the Hospitality Management on-campus casual dining restaurant and commercial kitchen, "Lunch Club".
- Food Preparation Lab: Features kitchen units where students learn food safety and preparation techniques.
- 800 hours of work experience plus 150 hours of internship
- Local & statewide learning opportunities
- State and national convention attendance options
- Student organization involvement
Students have the opportunity to earn national certifications while obtaining their degree:
- Servsafe Food Safety Certificate, National Restaurant Association Education Institute
- Servsafe Alcohol Certificate, National Restaurant Association Education Institute
- Certification in Hotel Industry Analytics, American Hotel & Lodging Association Education Institute
We also offer an online MBA in Hospitality Management.
What can I do with a hospitality management degree?
Hospitality management graduates have opportunities worldwide to manage food service operations, travel and tourism, lodging, guest services, entertainment, events, and more. You can travel or stay local with a hospitality management degree, with job prospects in hotels, restaurants, cruise ships, catering companies, resorts, parks, casinos, and airlines. You will be prepared for with internships, job shadowing, and hands-on learning lab experiences.
The Hospitality Management program prepares undergraduate students to be leaders in the management of hospitality and related businesses in a global economy by providing core competencies and experiential learning opportunities.
Hospitality Management Program Learning Outcomes:
Our graduates will:
1. Be exposed to the segments of the hospitality industry and can identify and demonstrate skills relevant to the operational areas of hospitality management. (Bloom’s level 1 & 3)
2. Gain hands-on and real-world experiences necessary to become successful leaders. (Bloom’s level 3)
3. Develop a sense of community service, ethical values and social responsibilities in a multi-cultural community. (Bloom’s level 5)
4. Demonstrate team work, leadership, critical thinking, and effective communication in an organizational setting. (Bloom’s level 3)